Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There are Philosophers and then there are Philosophers...

Miss B and I went to Marshall's today. While there I spotted a very cute Ralph Lauren top for her. The first one I found was a size 18M and was marked $12.99. After looking through a couple of other racks I happened upon one that was 12M and had half the tag ripped off, but I didn't really think much of it. When we walked up to check out the top rang up at $14.99. Luckily I still had the 18m size with me so I pointed out to the cashier that the identical top, in a larger size, is marked $2.00 less. Her response: "But the code on this tag shows $14.99" My response: "I understand that, but why is one that's the same, but *larger* $2.00 less?" Her response: "But it's marked that" You can see where we're going with this. I can understand the concept that the price tag is different, but can't you understand the concept that perhaps it is mismarked as the identical item made with *more material* is $2.00 less? Finally, a manager interceded and we got our $2.00 back. What, that paid for a Kolo scrapbook that was on clearance!

No comments: