Monday, April 28, 2008

Yeeech...

Yesterday I spent about five or six hours at the emergency room. Things all started to go down hill at about 5:30am when I woke up sweaty and not feeling really well. Two bags of iv fluids and some anti-nausea medication (and other things which we're not going to go into in polite company) and I was back at home. The Husband took care of Miss Baby (thankfully!) and I pretty much dozed in and out of consciousness and random hot flashes/sweatiness for the rest of the evening, culminating once again at 3in the morning when my legs got really hot and I kept trying to equate the aches/sweat, etc. with parts of my kitchen order. Don't ask-- it made sense at the time. I think I was vaguely delirious.

During my time in the ER, the family in the next cubicle had brought Grandma in. I'm not quite sure what was wrong with her, but her family just kept saying that whatever it was she couldn't use her chopsticks. This was all very surreal.

No comments: